3 Nov 2010

20th Practice / Very Early Morning, Finnish Group Is Getting Bigger

I went to see Sharath yesterday, because it was time to pay my monthly fee. He changed my practice time once again, so I started this morning at 5.00 a.m. Shala time. So I have to wake up at 4.10 a.m. regular time, because I have now new breathing practice, which I have to practice for Yoga Thailand (before my usual asana practice). Sort of change for my previous life, because before I used to walk home from a bar or after-bar-parties at that time. I suppose those days are quite much gone now…

The cool thing with the early morning is, that we are doing the opening mantra together. I love that. It feels like the whole group is more together sharing the morning and the practice. I don’t know, why Sharath selected me to start so early, because the other people, who used to practice with me, start now half an hour later than I. Many of those unreal people are practising now at the same time with me. My favorit guy was next to me today and the door was on the other side, so quite nervous spot. Luckily the guy next to me did very calm practice, so I didn’t freak out totally. I should have a slower pace. Those practices, which are quite slow, are so beautiful.

Today’s practice was a little bit tired, because I didn’t get that much sleep last night. I was assisted in Uthita Hasta Padangusthasana and Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana. The guy, who assisted me with Uthita Hasta Padangusthasana is really tall. So he took my foot really high. Maybe even too high. I didn’t wanted to say anything, because his adjustment was otherwise good. I haven’t ever been assisted with Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana and it was strange. Very difficult to go down, when somebody keeps your other foot really high. I just have to loosen up my hips a little bit more and then I can close Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana as well as Yoga Mudra.

I did finishing postures in changing room, because there was no space in the Shala. Changing room was really dark and I had just a tiny spot for my mat upstairs. Try it once at home, it’s quite interesting to do your finishing postures in dark. You can only hear your and your friends’ breath. It’s nice feeling, when you know that you can control your body so well that you don’t actually have to see anything to do your asanas. And Savasana is so relaxing in dark.

So here is now three Finns plus I. Matleena, who I met first time in Houtskär, arrived last week. We met Finnish Heidi in Anu’s Cafe two days ago. Yesterday I saw Mikko, who is a friend of many of my friends in Finland. It’s funny to meet someone, who you already know in some way. Mikko is teaching in Copenhagen and he showed me yesterday some pictures from their new shala. It is so beautiful place and you can go inn, when you like, because you have your own key. They have really figured out all the details (like the places of lights and mats etc.). I wish, that I could visit that shala someday. Mikko was very helpful and I got many nice movies and documents to watch. It’s wonderful to get some new friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment